Through Campaign Montana, UM and the UM Foundation sought to inspire $400 million in private support by 2020. Campaign Montana inspired $450.9 million in giving from more than 34,000 donors, making it the most ambitious and successful higher education fundraising campaign in state history.
Over seven years — from July 2013 through August 2020 — generous donors united around the collective charge to elevate every University of Montana student, college, school and program.
- Donors represented all 50 states and gave nearly 100,000 gifts.
- More than 16,000 first-time donors pledged their support to UM during Campaign Montana.
- More than $126 million was donated for student scholarships and other support.
- More than 14,000 students received privately funded scholarships during the seven-year campaign.
- More than 500 new undergraduate scholarships and graduate fellowships were established through Campaign giving.
- Nearly $91 million was given for academic programs, elevating research and academic innovations.
- Donors provided more than $50 million to support new or renovated facilities.
- Donors gave more than $45 million to support faculty and staff, including support that created 16 new endowed faculty positions.
- Donors committed more than $110 million through planned gifts that will provide critical support to UM in the future.
To learn more about the impact of Campaign Montana giving, please read the joint UM Foundation and UM news release, watch the President's Club Virtual Campaign Montana Celebration video (you will be prompted to register before watching the video), or read the Fall/Winter 2020 issue of the Raising Montana newsletter.
With Campaign Montana’s significant philanthropic momentum and several needs and opportunities yet to be met, the UM Foundation and UM continue to partner with alumni and friends to advance the UM mission.
Please complete the form below to support UM today. Thank you for your generosity.